Call For Papers:
Symposium on HPC Software: Tools, Libraries and Frameworks
Part of Para08, May 13-16 2008, Trondheim, Norway.
Detailed information on the submissions process is available at
the Para08 authors' page.
As of 3/3/2008, the submission deadlines are
- March 5, abstracts up to 150 words.
- March 10, extended abstracts up to 4 pages.
- Full paper due May 2 for a full review process targeted to
the Springer LNCS Proceedings Series.
These sessions are focused on state-of-the-art technologies that
are impacting the high performance computing software stack. In
particular, we focus on software solutions that substantially reduce the
development and deployment costs of software applications in a variety of high
end computers, as well as technology that speeds up and secures the
software evolution and sustainability in fast changing HPC environments.
HPC software life-cycle issues
- Software integration approaches.
- Component-based software engineering.
- Automating multi-language support of HPC software.
- HPC software deployment and dependency management solutions.
- Automated regression and unit testing and tracking of parallel applications.
HPC software optimization and analysis
- Automatic performance testing and reporting.
- Automatic profiling and tracing.
- Automating development of optimized software for complex platforms.
HPC software languages
The organizers are Benjamin Allan and Tony Drummond.
- Advanced programming approaches in traditional languages.
- Novel uses of High-Level languages in HPC: Python, Java, Ruby,
- Progress in global address space programming for cluster environments: UPC and similar.
Submission questions should be sent to
Submissions should be made via the conference's submission service.